Monday, July 21, 2008

[papercreters] test results on papercrete.net

I've found the recipes, but no test results. Am I looking in the
wrong place?

The reason I ask, I realized that I don't have reproducability on the
two whole blocks I've made, so I decided that if there isn't an
existing test result page, perhaps I could help supply one. My
thoughts are that with uniform mixes, molds, set-up, drying, etc., we
could come up with which mix works best for a given application.

My starters: 2 cups of water, 1/2 cup portland cement, 2 tablespoons
lime, and acurately weighed amounts of varied papers. Paper types
will be 1.newspaper 2.magazine 3.manila folders 4.cardboard
5.white copy paper 6.50/50 (by weight) newspaper/magazine

Does anyone have a paper type they'd like to use? I'm also planning
to use cardboard molds of the same size, one blender full of each
mix, made one after another.

If you see a flaw in the logic on this, or if there's something you
see that could be improved or simplified, please let me know.

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/