Monday, July 7, 2008

[papercreters] Personal Value and Paper Choice -was- Re: Sewage Grinder Pump - PC Mixer/Pump

It's clearly a matter of perspective.

I'm happy you have found a lifestyle that works well for you. It's
good honest work providing an important service. The truckers I've
met are some of the most likeable good natured people around.

Working construction getting paid to build somebody else's house is
drastically different from using your hands to build your own house
to live in for the rest of your life.

Economies of scale can change what works well in a manufacturing
plant vs what works well for an individual.

I'd rather have a freshly grilled burger off my own grill, or even
better, some of my own slow smoked barbeque and share it with a group
of good friends in my back yard than McDonalds or any other fast food
any day. The cost per person works out pretty close economically.

Don't get me started about smoked beef briscuit.

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "austintexican" <les@...> wrote:
>
> I drive a truck because I'm too lazy to work and too nervous to
steal.
> I am Semi-Retired. I drive a company truck and they buy all the
fuel.
> I get to do what I love to do.... travel. I do over 150,000 miles a
year
> coast to coast. And I do it in a new $100,000 truck making $200 a
day.
> I don't pay any rent, or utilities.... I'm a truck-dweller. I love
my
> job and would rather be driving than just about anything. I listen
to
> what ever I want too all day and night... and stop and take a nap
> whenever I want. I spent over 35 years doing construction work but
never
> got the kind of satisfaction from it you seem to enjoy. I want to
work
> smarter, not harder. If using processed paper didn't make economical
> sense I don't think Mason Greenstar would be doing it. I'm also
> convinced it may produce a superior product. I've done many self
> sufficiency projects from organic farming to mud bricks to burning
my
> own lime. Now that I'm a little older, I don't mind eating at
McDonalds
> or drinking milk out of a carton instead of a cow. I will never
burn my
> own lime again and don't have a problem with buying my recycled
paper
> pre shredded. Maybe more people would get their feet wet with
> papercrete if it wasn't so much like reinventing the wheel. I just
> bought a little lot in East Texas and plan to build a small cabin
as a
> hermitage. Keep up the good work, Les


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/