Monday, July 7, 2008

[papercreters] Paper chopped or not -other fiber etc

Hello all- I hate to seeall the stumbling and questioning as to what
if you tried"____" material
If you can mix a fiber or paper with clay I have tried it, and kept
a record of it. ( yeah i'm a science dweeb)

Over the years I have tested everything from dried horsetail plant (
no good) leaf to brown bear poo ( no good either as a binder) dried
seaweed, leaves, dried grasses. I have 6' long lawn grasses, dried and
used as fiber in aclay and sawdust mix block. it works.

I amnot testinig Pampas grass fiber( the fluffy white tops)- but I bet
I could dry and chop[ the stalks too.
CELLULOSE
Cellulose from free busted bags mixed with lime and clay make a good
plaster, but a weak paperercrete block, adding cement did not fix
the problem, cellulose insulation paper is like cotton candy-- all
air. but mixed with free ground wallboard gypsum, or crumble and
powedered drywall it makes a dandy pale grey wall plaster.

SHREDDED PAPER
you need real paper,chopped or shredded FREE at most stores,copy
stores,schools, law offices, any business makes bagsof it a week for
"security" and they pay to be rid of it. You can wind up with too
much!
I can get all the shredded and cross shreddedpaper I need free just
by asking..anyone can.
FIBERS
fiber- I choose redwood sawdust because itis a local free
material--it is pre chopped and ready to use. it has the advantages of
FREE, bug and fire resisitant ( due to its chemical make up) if you
don't have redwood trees..try other woods, soft or hard...NO MIXER is
needed ,you can actually use a wringer washer, and have it chug back
and forth and mix the whole formula. liftout by the bucket full. Or
a large paint stem mixer. true it is more work to build a whole
hoouse, but 4 stem mixes can beat a pricey machine, and still be
used afterwards for palsters and paints.

any small 1 hp motor can drive a blade on a rod- I have seen it.
Jpohn at www.tree.orgcreated AGSTONE with just cement and dried
shrubbery- he makes paper, used a Hollanderbeater, but a stem rod and
boat blade was his best mixer.

since I dont us ecement usually I dont have the time problem of
cleaning out the drum of the wringer washer. it can sit for days,add
some water then make bricks or cast in a wall..

just about any dried shrub can be used if you dry it,and have enough to chop up.

several years ago I wrote up the compilation of my experiments and
materials on fibercrete..I think I need to reissue it so people can
stop wasting time fiddling with materals and repeating the processover
and over.

no i'm not bigheaded, i pulled my book "All about papercrete" because
so much was being done on a larger scale that I didnt think anyone
would want it.

last year I added my book in PDF form to the CD "Paracrete
Eps+Cement" building-- because the inventor created his own verision
of a NO-burn papercrete using EPS dust..it is practically magical..and
easy to make and use based on his formulation, but only if you can get
free EPS or similar polystyrene.

Papercrete is still an IDEA.. NOT just paper and cement- just abut
anything can be tried,and many materials arevery successful
--
Ms. Charmaine Taylor/ Taylor Publishing
Toll Free Order: 1-888-441-1632
www.dirtcheapbuilder.com

www. papercrete.com
PO Box 375, Cutten CA 95534

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/