Tuesday, July 8, 2008

[papercreters] Blade Safetys end again using correct address



--- On Mon, 7/7/08, Pat B Parham <texasweldinginspector@yahoo.com> wrote:
From: Pat B Parham <texasweldinginspector@yahoo.com>
Subject: Blade safety
To: papercreters@yahoo.com
Date: Monday, July 7, 2008, 11:41 PM

There has been several notes about blades coming through side of buckets and this is the way I protected myself from this hazard, took very little time and less than $5. Remember safety does NOT cost money or time, but unsafe cost you and your loved ones.  Instead of a big drill I found a 1'' impact wrench on E-BAY and as this did not have a chuck to hold my blade. I bought a 1/2'' floor flange and a 4"X1/2'' NIPPLE at the hardware store, and then bolted flg. to center of bucket. Then welded blade 2'' up the mixer shaft, inserted 2'' of shaft into nipple and now no matter what my mixer blade STAYS in the center of my bucket. Worked on the 30 gal. drum I built also. Just make sure you turn your shaft clockwise looking down and the nipple will never come out. Also makes a handy holder, just release the switch and everything stays put. I did put a 1/4'' wafer wood false bottom on to hold the bolts.  


__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___