Sunday, August 26, 2007

RE: [papercreters] What are you building with Papercrete?

I also really like what Mikey is doing with his sprayer.  If my bamboo starts taking off I would like to try some of that with Bamboo as the armature.

 


From: papercreters@yahoogroups.com [mailto:papercreters@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Nick Boersema
Sent: Sunday, August 26, 2007 1:21 PM
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [papercreters] What are you building with Papercrete?

 

I have my 100 acre retirement property (well me and the bank)

75 acres of hard wood bush with year round creek flowing slowly through it.  Five seasonal tributaries come into the creek on my land and 25 gently rolling acres of currently fallow land. I have planted some experimental bamboo to replace hawthorne in a couple of ravines and for a privacy screen along the road. I am digging a pond (about an acre and a third with a 34 horse tractor backhoe)

Am researching off grid power supplies.

Am researching AGS heating.

Am researching boat design.

 

Oh Ya you wanted to know about papercrete.

 

Have a half built tow mixer in my shed.

Picked up an air powered drill real cheap and a 5 gal paint mix paddle which I plan to experiment with on my 5 gallon bucket mixes.

Also picked up a very cheap stucco sprayer which I also plan to experiment with a bit.

 

Am looking for some additional dutch (read free) air tanks as my air compressor (which also came real cheap) is far to small to do any real spraying with.

 

Have an old and leaky 8 X I think 12 office trailer which I plan to gut and insulate with papercrete.  This will be my initial cabin over at the pond.

 

My retirement home will make use of papercrete but I have yet to decide on the building technology.  Ideally as much as possible will come right from the property.  So it could be timberframed and papercrete in fill.  It could be Strawbale with papercrete stucco and roof insulation.  It could be rammed earth with papercrete rap.  Or some combination of all of the above.  Oh ya I have not ruled out cordwood and papercete but it is unlikely because most of my trees are hardwood that don’t lend themselves well to cordwood.

 

Hows that Slurry

 

Nick (SW Ontario Canada)

__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___