Sunday, August 26, 2007

[papercreters] Re: What are you building with Papercrete?

As soon as the temperature here in southern Nevada gets back down
into the mid 90s I'll return to the garage to master P/C stucco to
cover my air conditioner sound barrier wall. Also, while I've been
hiding inside for the past 2+ months, I've been working on a block
form design that makes "tongue and groove" blocks - 12" high by 18"
long by 12" thick (tongue on top, groove on bottom of block - lego-
like). I've already made a smaller version form with some scrap wood
that worked but the finished block dimensions weren't as exact as I
want them because the wood sides of the form were only 3/8" thick
particle board and bowed slightly creating a squewed block. I will
include photos when I get it right. In the valley I live in we have
a soil type locally known as "poof-dirt." It's the silt that has
washed down from the moutains and is what dry lake beds are made of.
It is made up of very fine particles and very sticky when wet. I'm
not sure of the clay content but I plan to include it in my next
block mix.

Jeff.


--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "slurryguy" <slurryguy@...>
wrote:
>
> A little over 6 months ago I asked around to find out what others
were
> building with papercrete.
>
> I think it would be fun to ask again. I bet a lot has changed.
> We have over 600 members now. It sure would be fun to get 600
> responses.
>
> What are you building or planning to build?
>
> Home?
> Home Addition?
> Existing Home Retrofit project?
> Garage or Workshop?
> Storage Shed?
> Landscape Accessory?
> Dog House?
> Play House?
> Bird House?
> Doll House?
>
> Insulation?
> Experiments?
> Sculpture?
>
> A MIXER?
> A special form?
> Something else?
>
> No project is too small. Please share what you're doing or
planning
> even if you've mentioned it before. I'd like to know how many
projects
> are in the works and what they are.
>



Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/