Sunday, August 26, 2007

[papercreters] Nick's Retirement Spread -was- Re: What are you building with Papercrete?

Why such a tiny project? hehehe

I know Troy Bilt makes equipment, but that Half Built company really
needs to improve their quality control. I have a bunch of stuff Half
Built. Since I'm a half wit, maybe it's appropriate.

Any pictures? Lot plans?


--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Boersema" <picknick@...>
wrote:
>
> I have my 100 acre retirement property (well me and the bank)
>
> 75 acres of hard wood bush with year round creek flowing slowly
through it.
> Five seasonal tributaries come into the creek on my land and 25
gently
> rolling acres of currently fallow land. I have planted some
experimental
> bamboo to replace hawthorne in a couple of ravines and for a
privacy screen
> along the road. I am digging a pond (about an acre and a third with
a 34
> horse tractor backhoe)
>
> Am researching off grid power supplies.
>
> Am researching AGS heating.
>
> Am researching boat design.
>
>
>
> Oh Ya you wanted to know about papercrete.
>
>
>
> Have a half built tow mixer in my shed.
>
> Picked up an air powered drill real cheap and a 5 gal paint mix
paddle which
> I plan to experiment with on my 5 gallon bucket mixes.
>
> Also picked up a very cheap stucco sprayer which I also plan to
experiment
> with a bit.
>
>
>
> Am looking for some additional dutch (read free) air tanks as my air
> compressor (which also came real cheap) is far to small to do any
real
> spraying with.
>
>
>
> Have an old and leaky 8 X I think 12 office trailer which I plan to
gut and
> insulate with papercrete. This will be my initial cabin over at
the pond.
>
>
>
> My retirement home will make use of papercrete but I have yet to
decide on
> the building technology. Ideally as much as possible will come
right from
> the property. So it could be timberframed and papercrete in fill.
It could
> be Strawbale with papercrete stucco and roof insulation. It could
be rammed
> earth with papercrete rap. Or some combination of all of the
above. Oh ya
> I have not ruled out cordwood and papercete but it is unlikely
because most
> of my trees are hardwood that don't lend themselves well to
cordwood.
>
>
>
> Hows that Slurry
>
>
>
> Nick (SW Ontario Canada)
>



Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/