Wednesday, August 29, 2007

RE: [papercreters] Re: What are you building with Papercrete?

Me thinks maybe when she says Dog house She really means DOOOOG house and hubby had better behave his self. J

 


From: papercreters@yahoogroups.com [mailto:papercreters@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Pat
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 2:06 PM
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [papercreters] Re: What are you building with Papercrete?

 

SG, you’re so subtle with your hints ;)

 

Ok, I have to admit that I’m going to cheat a bit…..I’m not going to use paper….but the methods of papercrete and the recipes are basically the same.  I have an endless, FREE, source of wood chips/sawdust.  Using the wood chips/sawdust I won’t have to have a fancy mixer….just a good HF cement mixer. So maybe it’s not what I’m building with papercrete, it’s what I’m building with fibercrete. 

 

In order, plans are for:

 

1)       Build a 6’ x 6’ x 6’ high dog house (I have BIG dogs) ;) using slip-form with rock facing so it looks like a rock dog house.

2)       Encasing my husband’s work shop (it’s a 40’ shipping container) using slip forms

3)       Build a new aviary and greenhouse

4)       Build an extra bedroom & new kitchen onto the mobile home

5)       Encase the whole MH with the mix, using the Larsen-truss system (Thank you Charmaine!!) and slip-form with rock facing

6)       Build raised beds using slip form & rock facing

 

There’s SO much more I want to do….but all of it has to wait until it cools off!!  This area has really been lucky this year….the temps haven’t gone over 100 once this year…for the first time since I moved here from West Texas some 20-odd years ago…but it’s still too hot for a fat old woman to get out in the heat & humidity and work with lime and cement. ;)

 

 

__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___