Monday, August 27, 2007

[papercreters] Legos and Barrier Wall -was- Re: What are you building with Papercrete?

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "slurryguy" <slurryguy@...>
wrote:
>
The lego blocks would be used as walls for a shed or dwelling. I
like the idea of box-beam timber-framing bents as the main structure
with P/C walls outside of the upright posts instead of infill between
the posts. Because I'm slow and methodical I would try a shed first
but that's a ways off still. I had been thinking that monolithic pour
was the way to go but now I'm thinking of the advantage of making
blocks in my spare time and stacking them on pallets. Then when the
time comes for building, the structure and walls would go up much
faster. The climate here is perfect for P/C so I can really see it
working.

Jeff.


>What are you planning on building with the Legos once you get your
> block design perfected?
>
> --- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "mojavejeff" <mojavejeff@>
> wrote:
> >
> > As soon as the temperature here in southern Nevada gets back down
> > into the mid 90s I'll return to the garage to master P/C stucco
to
> > cover my air conditioner sound barrier wall. Also, while I've
been
> > hiding inside for the past 2+ months, I've been working on a
block
> > form design that makes "tongue and groove" blocks - 12" high by
18"
> > long by 12" thick (tongue on top, groove on bottom of block -
lego-
> > like). I've already made a smaller version form with some scrap
> wood
> > that worked but the finished block dimensions weren't as exact as
I
> > want them because the wood sides of the form were only 3/8" thick
> > particle board and bowed slightly creating a squewed block. I
will
> > include photos when I get it right. In the valley I live in we
> have
> > a soil type locally known as "poof-dirt." It's the silt that has
> > washed down from the moutains and is what dry lake beds are made
> of.
> > It is made up of very fine particles and very sticky when wet.
I'm
> > not sure of the clay content but I plan to include it in my next
> > block mix.
> >
> > Jeff.
> >
> >
>



Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/