Sunday, August 26, 2007

[papercreters] Legos and Barrier Wall -was- Re: What are you building with Papercrete?

What are you planning on building with the Legos once you get your
block design perfected?

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "mojavejeff" <mojavejeff@...>
wrote:
>
> As soon as the temperature here in southern Nevada gets back down
> into the mid 90s I'll return to the garage to master P/C stucco to
> cover my air conditioner sound barrier wall. Also, while I've been
> hiding inside for the past 2+ months, I've been working on a block
> form design that makes "tongue and groove" blocks - 12" high by 18"
> long by 12" thick (tongue on top, groove on bottom of block - lego-
> like). I've already made a smaller version form with some scrap
wood
> that worked but the finished block dimensions weren't as exact as I
> want them because the wood sides of the form were only 3/8" thick
> particle board and bowed slightly creating a squewed block. I will
> include photos when I get it right. In the valley I live in we
have
> a soil type locally known as "poof-dirt." It's the silt that has
> washed down from the moutains and is what dry lake beds are made
of.
> It is made up of very fine particles and very sticky when wet. I'm
> not sure of the clay content but I plan to include it in my next
> block mix.
>
> Jeff.
>
>


Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/