Friday, April 30, 2010

[papercreters] Re: Mixing blade idea

I'm pretty sure an angel grinder will run way too fast for that to work, and fast enough to have a nasty outcome as soon as it spins up.

NT


--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, Ron Richter <ronerichter@...> wrote:
>
> Spaceman,
> Yes let us know how it turns out.  I have destroyed 3 blenders (one cost $189.00 new and shipping to Alaska was $44.00) trying to get the testing started on the r value of soft and fluffy versus compressed PC.  I bought a 10A Dewalt angle grinder and last week I was in Anchorage chaperoning our Native Youth Olympics team and got to a hardware store where I picked up a 5/8" X 11 coupler for attaching a rod to the grinder spindle.  If the chain system works well to pulp paper it will be a safer rig for me to use in the school (I won't have to do all the mixing myself as I envisioned with a blade).  Thanks for the find Bob.
> Ron  
>
> --- On Wed, 4/28/10, Spaceman <Spaceman@...> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>  
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> I have been considering a chain flail for shredding paper. This looks
> like it might work for mixing papercrete. For more viscous liquids it
> appears to mostly mix in one spot, requiring movement of the chain
> around the edges of the bucket and throughout the mix. It may be more
> suitable for a hand held mixing method like the drill he is using in
> the video. Maybe this wouldn't beat you to death like a rigid blade
> attached to a drill. I think I saw a piece of threaded rod a couple of
> days ago, and I have some pieces of chain. No promises, but I think I
> feel a test coming on.
>
> spaceman
>
>
>
> On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 6:33 PM,
> countryatheartok <criswells.ok@ sbcglobal. net>
> wrote:
>
>
>  
>
>
>
> Although I said blade, it is not a blade, it is a chain. I
> believe this
>
> design could be enlarged somewhat to use with a lawn mower type motor or
>
> an electric motor. It's selling point it that it doesn't have to start
>
> under stress, which means less work for the motor to get it up to speed.
>
> I believe the length could be increased to 6" on each side of the shaft
>
> for an overall length of 12".
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> No virus found in this incoming message.
> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
> Version: 9.0.814 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2841 - Release Date: 04/28/10 12:27:00
>


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/