Wednesday, April 14, 2010

[papercreters] Mixer rehab [2 Attachments]

[Attachment(s) from JUDITH WILLIAMS included below]

I've been in the mixer all afternoon. After I got the accumulated papercrete off I could see that the leaks were caused by the bottom of the tank separating from the sides. I think it was because the bolts they put in to attach the tank to the platform were put too close to the edge. The metal of the tank bottom is actually torn.

I cleaned all the stuff off and ground all around the bottom and up the sides a couple of inches with a wire brush in a drill. Then I washed the area with a mixture of water and white vinegar, let it dry and applied caulk. After the caulk is dry I will go around the seam with fiberglass tape and gorilla glue. I don't really have much hope that this will all work to seal the tank but if I can just limp by for a few more weeks and get the little building done I will be happy.

I really need a new tank.

I'm still working on the solution to the elephant trunk. I think I will try the inner tube. Thanks for all your suggestions and help.


Follow progress on the new project at http://www.papercretebyjudith.com/blog

More papercrete info at http://squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith




i'm EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me

Attachment(s) from JUDITH WILLIAMS

2 of 2 Photo(s)


__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___