Thursday, April 29, 2010

Re: [papercreters] Mixing blade idea



Spaceman,
Yes let us know how it turns out.  I have destroyed 3 blenders (one cost $189.00 new and shipping to Alaska was $44.00) trying to get the testing started on the r value of soft and fluffy versus compressed PC.  I bought a 10A Dewalt angle grinder and last week I was in Anchorage chaperoning our Native Youth Olympics team and got to a hardware store where I picked up a 5/8" X 11 coupler for attaching a rod to the grinder spindle.  If the chain system works well to pulp paper it will be a safer rig for me to use in the school (I won't have to do all the mixing myself as I envisioned with a blade).  Thanks for the find Bob.
Ron  

--- On Wed, 4/28/10, Spaceman <Spaceman@starship-enterprises.net> wrote:
 

I have been considering a chain flail for shredding paper. This looks like it might work for mixing papercrete. For more viscous liquids it appears to mostly mix in one spot, requiring movement of the chain around the edges of the bucket and throughout the mix. It may be more suitable for a hand held mixing method like the drill he is using in the video. Maybe this wouldn't beat you to death like a rigid blade attached to a drill. I think I saw a piece of threaded rod a couple of days ago, and I have some pieces of chain. No promises, but I think I feel a test coming on.

spaceman

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 6:33 PM, countryatheartok <criswells.ok@ sbcglobal. net> wrote:
 

Although I said blade, it is not a blade, it is a chain. I believe this
design could be enlarged somewhat to use with a lawn mower type motor or
an electric motor. It's selling point it that it doesn't have to start
under stress, which means less work for the motor to get it up to speed.
I believe the length could be increased to 6" on each side of the shaft
for an overall length of 12".




No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 9.0.814 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2841 - Release Date: 04/28/10 12:27:00



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___