Thursday, April 29, 2010

Re: [papercreters] Mixing blade idea



Well, it won't happen today, the weatherman says to expect winds up to 65 mph this afternoon. Its only blowing 30 this morning but I have other obligations.

Blenders are great for testing small batches but you should definitely not use one that you want to keep for anything else. A few folks have destroyed several blenders from Good Will or other thrift stores. They said the cement should be mixed in by hand, it is hard on the blender. A friend of mine did a couple of batches with detergent in them to get really fluffy, but I think the extreme speed of a blender is needed for the foam, a tow mixer might not do it.

Can't wait for your results, wondering if they will match the results SG got a couple of years ago. What method are you going to use to measure the R value?

spaceman  All opinions expressed or implied are subject to change without notice upon receipt of new information.

On 4/28/2010 11:27 PM, Ron Richter wrote:
Spaceman,
Yes let us know how it turns out.  I have destroyed 3 blenders (one cost $189.00 new and shipping to Alaska was $44.00) trying to get the testing started on the r value of soft and fluffy versus compressed PC.  I bought a 10A Dewalt angle grinder and last week I was in Anchorage chaperoning our Native Youth Olympics team and got to a hardware store where I picked up a 5/8" X 11 coupler for attaching a rod to the grinder spindle.  If the chain system works well to pulp paper it will be a safer rig for me to use in the school (I won't have to do all the mixing myself as I envisioned with a blade).  Thanks for the find Bob.
Ron  


 


__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___