Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Re: [papercreters] Walk in cooler



If you are serious , call me at !-432-244-9140 cell   =  My references - this site and go to www.evesgarden.org and see my previous work - We can report to the work group later - I am in transition and would be available at almost no cost- Have a concept development for this - also my e-mail is clydetcurry@yahoo.com - this goes for the rest of the group as well - I just returned from Abiquiu N.M. where I hope I was a help to Our Friend Judith Williams . 


From: brightsideatx <farump@gmail.com>
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2012 2:23 AM
Subject: [papercreters] Walk in cooler

 
Howdy!
I'm designing a new walk in cooler to be built via a workshop format for an urban farming non profit here in Austin, TX. I want to keep this thing at or below 50F year round but never frozen. It gets up to 110 here some days, and can be over 90 every day for six months at a time, sometimes humid, sometimes dry, sometimes thunder storms, and freezing maybe ten days a year. I started out thinking of using straw bale, but I'm concerned it would rot due to constant condensation in the bale wall. Then I thought earthbag, but apparently it's not very insulative unless you can fill it with volcanic scoria gravel which we do not have here. I'm going for a more eco friendly and cheaper option than shed with foam panels, so what do you think, is papercrete the thing to use? What is the optimal mix for insulating / structural walls?
Is it feasible to pour a papercrete floor over some gravel and sand bags to insulate from the earth as well? Do you think it would be a moldy mess?
This thing needs to be as cheap and easy to build as possible, any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!





__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___