Friday, June 29, 2012

[papercreters] Re: Best way to pour a 6" x 12" x 52" block?

Hopefully one project will cure you of this desire to make life excessively hard.



--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "trendawareness" <trendlinesystems@...> wrote:
>
>
> >> have found that if I make the molds bigger at the top, then the dried product is much more rectangular.<<
>
> Tasha,
>
> Sorry I missed this post in my last reply. I kept my molds "square" thinking that backfills should help retain the shape.
>
> However, next time I build a mold, I'll definitely build it a bit larger than what I need and then trim the block when an exact dimension is required.
>
> Thanks
>
> Dan
>
>
> --- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, Tasha <tashatesla@> wrote:
> >
> > I have found that if I make the molds bigger at the top, then the dried product is much more rectangular.
> > How much? Depends on your shrinkage - have to experiment with a couple, but worth the time.
> > TASHA
> >
> > On 6/27/2012 08:12A, Daniel Ford wrote:
> > > Dear Papercrete Group:
> > >
> > > I'm working on a project that requires a consistent 6" h x 12" w x 52" l block. I've assembled the molds and have filled the first one to the top and will backfill the shrinkage in a day or two. (see attached photos)
> > >
> > > My question is whether or not this is the best way to pour a 6" block or should I fill it half way on the first pour? I need to make 50 of these and the sooner the blocks dry the sooner I can complete the project.
> > >
> > > For background, my mix is 1# paper, 1# portland, 1# sand, .05 # Borax. I live near Cincinnati OH and our summers are hot and humid.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Dan
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > ------------------------------------
> > >
> > > Yahoo! Groups Links
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
>




------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/