Sunday, June 24, 2012

Re: [papercreters] papercrete and plasters - which plaster to choose?

Thanks Clyde,
 
I experimented a lot, so the amount of Portland is not even – I'm not worried about the fire hazard, my big worry is moist. I'm planning to make a new mix and even everything out, tie the different styles together:-) - make the wall 3-4 cm thicker from the inside also, so all the wood frames will be covered.

Another thing, one part of this wall will become a bathroom wall,(maybe I'll make all the walls of the bathroom with papercrete, but I'm not sure yet..) I was planning to read up on Tadelakt and cover the whole bathroom with that (except floors, and the roof I don't know – very open for ideas! - floors I was thinking using some kind of resin and tiles, roof, no idea, didn't look into it yet - and I should since it's leaking:-))

The rest of the wall will be the hallway, so I was thinking buying some bags with Gypsum and plaster the wall with that, and the roof too, I've never done any plastering before but Gypsum sounded fine, fire resistant and non toxic, which is very important for me, that's the reason I don't know if I'll continue using papercrete on the rest of the house, cos I don't like to work with cement - although its very practical:-)

"5/8 drywall" doesn't make sense to me I'm afraid:-)  




--- Den søn 2012-06-24 skrev Clyde T. Curry <clydetcurry@yahoo.com>:


Fra: Clyde T. Curry <clydetcurry@yahoo.com>
Emne: Re: [papercreters] papercrete and plasters - which plaster to choose?
Til: "papercreters@yahoogroups.com" <papercreters@yahoogroups.com>
Dato: Søndag 24. juni 2012 20.09



 





Depending on how much portland you used in the papercrete, it is quite possibly incendiary. Drywall 5/8 (gypsum) would give you the required fire barrier =Clyde






From: oystein_tandberg <oystein_tandberg@yahoo.no>
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2012 3:39 PM
Subject: [papercreters] papercrete and plasters - which plaster to choose?



 

Dear all,

last year I filled one of my walls with papercrete, and it seems to have worked out fine - on the outside I will use wood to cover, but I was thinking using Gypsum on the inside? Thoughts anyone?

picture here:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/photos/album/1145712344/pic/131539225/view

Best regards











------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/