Wednesday, June 27, 2012

[papercreters] Best way to pour 6" x 12" x 52" block?



I'm working on a project that requires a consistent 6" h x 12" w x 52" long PC block.  I've built the molds and have filled one to the top on the first pour and will backfill the shrinkage in a day or two. (photos attached)


My question is whether or not filling a 6" mold on the first pour is the best way or whether I should only fill it half way on the first pour.

For background, my mix is 1# paper, 1# portland, 1# sand, .05 # Borax.   I live near Cincinnati and our summers are generally hot and humid.

Thanks

Dan




__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___