Friday, June 22, 2012

Re: [papercreters] refinishing a papercrete wall



Love your garden work, FML. Thanks for telling us about the success of the different mixtures. I frequently get more out of the ones where things didn't work so well or as expected.

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 10:18 AM, F. <fml@pbtcomm.net> wrote:
 

It's been awhile since I posted. I deleted some old photos and added new ones. (Mike's) I've been refinishing a papercrete wall I made a few years ago. I'm using a very sandy mix of two parts sand, one part cement, one part cellulose insulation, and some joint compound, and lately mixing small amounts in a five gallon bucket with an electric drill. The joint compound makes the crete more malleable and "clay-like." Powdered joint compound actually works as well as ready-mix and is easier to mix in. That's something I just recently learned. This mortar like mix makes a nice hard shell over the papercrete, which has held up but is fairly soft. The lime putty and sand mix I'd originally finished the wall with did not fare well, especially where the sun beat down so fiercely. You can see details at http://papercreteparadise.blogspot.com/. Thanks.








__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___