Friday, May 22, 2009

RE: [papercreters] Re: Stucco blaster/ Air Compressor



Right, the steel plate would allow for better plumbing than the spark plug holes.  The average bigger displacement pistons would have to work pretty hard to squeeze all that air in and out that little hole.

Another way to rig multiple cylinder engines with fuel injection is to block of injectors on cylinders opposite of ones that can be left to run the others, and run separate exhaust headers for the dead cylinders for filling tanks or manifolded to sprayer supply.  Spark holes could be drilled oversize and fitted with check valves for additional exhaust and compression cycle relief.

Cooling water from drive engine or cylinders should add even more heat to your storage tank.  Hook up an alternator to charge your battery banks and electrolyzers as well.


From: papercreters@yahoogroups.com [mailto:papercreters@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Spaceman
Sent: Thursday, May 21, 2009 8:46 PM
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [papercreters] Re: Stucco blaster/ Air Compressor

 




Yeah, that's pretty much plan A, not as efficient as using the manifolds but a lot easier to do. I have a friend who is a good mechanic, vs. me under a shade tree, and I'll definitely get with him before I start turning bolts. The engine I plan to convert has a timing chain on sprockets but no, changing sprockets would not do it right. Maybe a new head made from plate steel with separate check valves for in and out, with the out to a manifold. Probably would need some cooling fins too, but maybe the water jacket would take care of it. Plus I could use my heat storage tank for my hydronic floor to cool the compressor if I'm using it at home.

I sure wish I could get my hands on one of those newfangled Mustang modular engines with electronic valve timing, among other nice tricks. But then that would cost a lot more than just buying a large compressor : (

Spaceman



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___