Sunday, May 17, 2009

Re: [papercreters] PC inside a bus turned RV?



Welcome to the group. If you haven't already, you should take the time to browse the files, links, and archives at the home page. There is a nice amount of information there free for the taking.

The back side of plastic panels usually have ribs and projections for fasteners that might interfere with using them as molds, but if that is not the case then the only issue I can think of is the shrinkage factor. PC does shrink and it seems that the lighter the pc is, the more it shrinks, at least in my experience. Maybe you could mold a cement rich thin layer against the plastic and then fill it with lighter pc.

Sprayers are easy, there is a plan for a homemade one at my website. It could easily be modified to spray overhead.

For mixing you could try a power spray washer. Curtis has been using one for years and has videos at

http://files.starship-enterprises.net/MVI_0001.AVI
http://files.starship-enterprises.net/MVI_0002.AVI
http://files.starship-enterprises.net/MVI_0003.AVI
http://files.starship-enterprises.net/MVI_0004.AVI

Curtis convinced me so I bought a spray washer last year, and am using it on this project. I had managed to break my no-tow mixer and then lost an essential non-standard nut while repairing it, so I was ready to try something different, and am glad I did. It's not as fast as a tow mixer but it will fill a 55 gallon drum in about 20 minutes (depending on the flow rate of your pump) with nice pulp ready to use.

So, I think your project(s) are not only possible, but fairly easily done!

Spaceman

(is a blue princess a smurfette?)


ablueprincess wrote:

Hi! I am new here but I have studied PC off and on for years and I have a project I am working on that I think PC would be very good for. I am converting a bus to an RV (veggie powered) and on the inside of the bus I need to insulate and have walls. It needs to be light weight, sound absorbing, flame proof or at least retardent, strong, etc. all the bennies of PC but it also needs to be water proof (in case of leaks in the bus shell) or at least have a way to breathe and dry out. The insides of the bus are curved. I am in the destruction phase of the conversion. I am removing a lot of plastic that is molded to the contours of the bus and am thinking I would like to use them as molds for the PC. I need to get or make a mixer (but dont have a rear end of a car laying around so I need to come up with another way of mixing). There are a lot of individual indentions in the ceiling on these types of buses that I will need to spray with PC so I need a sprayer too. Wh at do you people think?   Thanks, Teresa     
   


__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___