Sunday, May 17, 2009

[papercreters] replacement for dry wall panels

Hola from Puerto Vallarta!

I've been looking at papercrete from a distance for about a year now. I would like to ask the board a question that I've been trying to answer myself without any definitive answers. If you wanted to create an entire wall panel (prefab type) from papercrete for a project where there was a budget available to create some custom presses, what would be the downside? If we used a rolling press, would that work or would we lose density down the line? I have a lot of flexibility with how to build this project. I would really like to reach out and do something unique. Do you think a machine could be made that would make strong, long lasting, fireproof, waterproof wall panels in lengths as large as say, 20 x 10 feet? Ideally, I would like to build a belt fed press that could make single piece panels even longer.

I would really like to spend some of the extra time I have on my hands (thanks to the economy, erroneous swine flu alerts and violence a 24 hour drive from my house on the border) to try to do something that can be repeated around the dump areas (poorest areas)of Mexico that would allow them to create some jobs and build some homes.

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/