Wednesday, May 20, 2009

[papercreters] Re: Dogs

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, JUDITH WILLIAMS <williams_judith@...> wrote:


OK I guess this is sort of a personal opinion comment that relates to papercrete and all construction really. I have a lot of friends who come by my building site regularly to help out or just to watch me work. They all bring their dogs. I know my sharing the fact that I am not overly fond of dogs could possibly alienate me from a lot of people. I love animals, I just don't have that dog obsession that others have.

I will admit that when I am in the papercreting mode I am sort of crazy, want to keep moving, work fast to get the mixer filled and moving, want to get the slurry into the forms asap. The problem is that the dogs are always in the way and as soon as I start moving the truck everyone starts yelling that I'm not carefull enough, that I'm going to run over their dogs. Papercrete is a labor intensive thing and by the end of the day I am really tired and admitedly crabby and snappy.

Yesterday there were about 2 dogs to every person and I finally blew my top (after working around all the people and dogs all day) and issued an edict that there would be no more dogs at the building site. The result is that now no one wants to come and work with me, not that I expect free labor or anything. I like it that people are interested and that they want to spend time with me and my project and we do have fun while working. I love what I'm doing and appreciate the company and the help.

I guess I just needed to vent a bit, and perhaps should have kept this to myself, but if anyone feels this is worth a comment I welcome it. Thanks.

Sincerely, Judith
Visit my new website at http://www.papercretebyjudith.com

If you can't explain it simply, you don't know it well enough.
If we knew what we were doing it wouldn't be called research, would it?
Albert Einstein
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello I am new to the group, I feel that they should have respected you in the begining they were not there at a kennel to purchase dogs, that was not the vets office, that was not the dog park, not the lake, nore was it there place, First and formost you are doing them a favor by letting them be part of this experience they should have asked previously if you would allow them to take there dogs and insured that they were well behaved and trained dogs. First and formost there dogs safty should be there concern not yours and by the sound of it they were feeling that you were responsable for there dogs behaviour. that is not a responsable dog owner just a jerk that dose not know anything about being greatful for anything.....
there should be some rules that you put before you acept anyone else and have them sign a contract with you that they plan on being respectful, curtious, and cautious, not to mention responsable for themselves and what ever they decide on bringing with them.
No pets, No children, and no irresponsable Adults allowed at all.

Believe me my bois were taught from the get go, No means No and stay away ment it.
I also own 2 English Bull Terriers and 2 Chihuahuas and I yell alot just to keep my dogs in line, they are worse then when my kids were small, Now my baby boy is a Marine and is yelled at constantly the oldest is in College studying History,
My dogs are in training classes.

Sandra


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/