Monday, May 18, 2009

Re: [papercreters] Dogs



You could put the kids in with dogs, keep each other company. HAHA
Great idea though Kim as a dumb dog owner, I am always having to look out for her. Her fav spot in under the truck.

--- On Mon, 5/18/09, Garth & Kim Travis <gartht@txcyber.com> wrote:

From: Garth & Kim Travis <gartht@txcyber.com>
Subject: Re: [papercreters] Dogs
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, May 18, 2009, 4:56 PM

Greetings,
Rather than banning the dogs, how about a dog corral? Cattle panels
will hook together with snap clips and either 4 or 6 panels will form a
pen, easily moved to no one place on your property get too soiled. Tell
your friends that the corral is for the dogs safety, as you hate for one
to get hurt.
Bright Blessings,
Kim

JUDITH WILLIAMS wrote:
>
>
> OK I guess this is sort of a personal opinion comment that relates to
> papercrete and all construction really. I have a lot of friends who
> come by my building site regularly to help out or just to watch me
> work. They all bring their dogs. I know my sharing the fact that I am
> not overly fond of dogs could possibly alienate me from a lot of
> people. I love animals, I just don't have that dog obsession that
> others have.
>
> I will admit that when I am in the papercreting mode I am sort of
> crazy, want to keep moving, work fast to get the mixer filled and
> moving, want to get the slurry into the forms asap. The problem is
> that the dogs are always in the way and as soon as I start moving the
> truck everyone starts yelling that I'm not carefull enough, that I'm
> going to run over their dogs. Papercrete is a labor intensive thing
> and by the end of the day I am /really/ tired and admitedly crabby and
> snappy.
>
> Yesterday there were about 2 dogs to every person and I finally blew
> my top (after working around all the people and dogs all day) and
> issued an edict that there would be no more dogs at the building site.
> The result is that now no one wants to come and work with me, not that
> I expect free labor or anything. I like it that people are interested
> and that they want to spend time with me and my project and we do have
> fun while working. I love what I'm doing and appreciate the company
> and the help.
>
> I guess I just needed to vent a bit, and perhaps should have kept this
> to myself, but if anyone feels this is worth a comment I welcome it.
> Thanks.
>
> Sincerely, Judith
> Visit my new website at http://www.papercre tebyjudith. com
>
>
> If you can't explain it simply, you don't know it well enough.
>
> If we knew what we were doing it wouldn't be called research,
> would it?
>
>
> Albert Einstein
>
>
>
>
>
> i'm EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
> Join me
> <http://im.live. com/Messenger/ IM/Home/? source=EML_ WLHM_GreaterGood>
>
>
>
>



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___