Monday, July 14, 2008

Re: [papercreters] Re: crosslinked polyethylene tubing

Yeah, I thought that too. I've never seen PEX over 1" before. Maybe he meant 3/4"?

Greg

----- Original Message ----
From: slurryguy <slurryguy@yahoo.com>
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, July 12, 2008 11:46:59 AM
Subject: [papercreters] Re: crosslinked polyethylene tubing

3 inch diameter?

Don't you think that's extreme overkill for trying to bury in a
radiant floor?

That sounds like a size approprate for a public water main. I cannot
imagine trying to bend something that large into a pattern that would
heat a floor without kinking the tubing.

I've never seen pex used for drain/waste/ vent, but maybe it could be
used for that. I don't know if it would pass code or not. PVC is
the most common, ABS is less common, but also used, and cast iron is
old school for DWV.

A typical home construction simply will never use that large diameter
of PEX.

--- In papercreters@ yahoogroups. com, "Sean Doyle" <Sean@...> wrote:
>
> With all the talk of dirt floors, copper tubing etc. I just had to
toss this out there. I have
> several thousand feet of 3in pex tubing for sale or trade to
someone looking to heat a
> workshop floor/sidewalk/ driveway etc. It is manufactured by a
leader in the industry and is
> the real deal. I have been reading all your posts now for about 6
months and want to say
> thank you all as well.....
> Sean
>
> ps I am in MN
>


__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___