Wednesday, June 8, 2011

RE: [papercreters] Mixer woes



Hi Judith,
The attachments I have could level that road out very smooth.
I thank you for the info in your blog.
 
I just read this, " After much observation I've come to the conclusion that it's the inflexibility of the metal tank that causes the seams to come apart. The area where I pull the tank is a rather rough road and all that bumping makes the seams weak."
 
Maybe it is the flexibility of that stock tank.
Looking at your picture and reading that comment I had an idea.
 
I have a 500 gallon undergound fuel oil tank that was never used here.
I dug it up and it is laying out back.
It is a round tank and a lot stouter than a stock tank.
I think I will cut a band out of the center so I will have two 200 gallon tanks.
One of them on an axle shouls hold up very good.
 
Alan

--- On Tue, 6/7/11, JUDITH WILLIAMS <williams_judith@hotmail.com> wrote:

From: JUDITH WILLIAMS <williams_judith@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: [papercreters] Mixer woes
To: "papercreters papercreters" <papercreters@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tuesday, June 7, 2011, 11:49 PM



I don't have a washboard problem so much as just a very uneven road. I am almost done mixing papercrete so I think I will just keep patching it up. If I ever want to build another one I will use a plastic tank and an elephant trunk. I really appreciate all the suggestions though.



Follow progress on the new project at http://www.papercretebyjudith.com/blog

More papercrete info at http://squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith





To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
From: rustaholic777@yahoo.com
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 11:39:08 -0700
Subject: Re: [papercreters] Mixer woes

 
That is a pretty cool attachment.
 
I had to sell my tractor but I still have my 3-way box scraper / scarifier.
I also have my 6-way movement rear blade.
It is easy to find an old farm tractor to buy so these attachments are good ones to keep.
 
Alan in Michigan

--- On Sat, 6/4/11, Jack Coats <jack@coats.org> wrote:

From: Jack Coats <jack@coats.org>
Subject: Re: [papercreters] Mixer woes
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, June 4, 2011, 12:08 PM



Judith, 

We live on a girl scout camp, lots of dirt/gravel roads.  We have found a device called a TR3 really helps with the road maintenance (better than blade, box blade, the only other tractor tools we have that MIGHT work).  It takes several passes, some to tear it up, more to smooth it, but that is what it takes.

It isn't cheap, but we use it to help keep the horse arenas in shape too.

You might see if a local farmer (or county road maintenance crew) might come smooth it for you.  It should last a couple of years if done right.

I understand the 'washboard' effect happening!

Take care!  ... Jack







__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___