Monday, June 27, 2011

Re: [papercreters] Interested, but not necessarily in making my own PC




Andrea,
As a way to stay focused on papercrete in the middle of winter I wrote to Greenstar Blox and asked them to give me a quote on a 40' X 60' shop using their blocks.  I wanted to see what I would be saving by doing it myself onsite.  These are the only commercally available PC blocks (that I know of).  Here is what they said:

Ronne:
To give you some rough estimates in materials that you will need to complete your project -
It looks as though you will be needing roughly 4900 adobe Greenstar Blox-which comes on 41 pallets.(normally comes on 120 per pallet-but with us having to ship there-we may stack 156 per pallet in order to save additional trucks)
In order to make your field mixes on site for mortar and plasters-you will need 82 bundles of cellulose-and 8, 5-gallons buckets of our additives. On site-you will only need water and cement.
With the Greenstar Blox costing $1.50 each, cellulose running $15.00 per bundle-and additives at $25.00 per gallon
Your cost for materials will be approximately $10,720.00 with tax included.
The freight will be about $2.50 per loaded mile to Montana-per truck. I am guessing close to 3 trucks of materials-which will cost around $6,000.00 total...........
We would love to be a part of your project-and are here to help you in any capacity that is needed.
If this sounds interesting to you-we can begin to fine tune the numbers-but this should at least give you something to go by.
Feel free to call us anytime for more information-and to answer any other questions that you may have.
 
Zach Rabon
President
Mason Greenstar, Inc.
[ http://www.greenstarblox.com/ ]www.greenstarblox.com3

Remember this is without roof, doors, or windows.  I will be doing myself for a fraction of that.  I can't even imagine swallowing the shipping cost.  I thought of asking them if they'd like to start a plant here and other places so the shipping is less, but haven't.

Cheers,
Ron
From: alohadarla <alohadarla@yahoo.com>
Date: Tuesday, June 21, 2011, 9:44 PM

 

Hello, I'm new to papercrete and to this group. I'm potentially interested in using papercrete as insulation in a small backyard shed. I'm not particularly interested in making it myself, however. The amount I would need is fairly small, and I don't think I'll have other uses for this material in the future. Perhaps I could buy some from another papercrete enthusiast? I'm in the Bay Area (East Bay).
suggestions welcome.
Andrea
alohadarla@yahoo.com



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___