Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Re: [papercreters] geo dome



If you want a frame, spaceman is the man to talk too. He knows everything about domes. When we were in NM at Judith's we put together a dome frame that spaceman manufactures. I don't think that it is much money to buy one from him. They are very strong (see pictures of gathering) and very cool. I will someday have one. After you put it together with bolts, you then make papercrete blocks in the shape and size (actually a little bit bigger to compensate for shrinkage when dry) of the triangles. He told us that then they would be wired in place, then a coating would be applied on top of that. Is this right, spaceman?

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 8:15 AM, n2art25 <n2art25@yahoo.com> wrote:
 

I saw a neat video on you tube. A geodome was put up then covered with strawbales then plastered. I assume one could use papercrete blocks instead of strawbale. It was really neat looking. I wonder what a frame would run? Does one need a frame? Maybe for a beginner it would give confidence that building would not fall on my head. I am really into round building. I must be tapping into my Muscogee Creek heritage.
Any ideas?

Annalis




--
Chinese herbals for the Western Mind
www.ozbotanicals.com
Skype~eve8mon




__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___