Thursday, October 8, 2009

[papercreters] Re: Just posted some new photos of my shredded cardboard samples




--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, Ron Richter <ronerichter@...> wrote:

 Ron, we were using a 14 page shredder which gave great results compared to the old type shredders that sliced the page into multi long strips and we thought it was a great improvement to be able to do 14 pages at a time, but my wife works at a clinic and her shredder at work was a 10 page Micro Security shredder. Any way it broke and her boss bought a new one and told her if she wanted to see if I could fix the old one, she could have it. She brought it home and I tore into it, the combs were broken on about 1 1/2" of one end, I cleaned it up, sprayed it with graphite and now it is working again. Can't use the whole width of the page but that don't matter, what matters is it will do cardboard, tape and all and you can see the results. This stuff is fantastic, takes only a little work to get it to pulp, I mix it with office paper (which we have running out of our ears) and I think the mix is even stronger than it was before with just office paper. Some times I shred newspaper, but the shredder doesn't seem to like that stuff, it's more like toliet paper when it's shredded. Looking forward to getting through our craft season so we can get the stone siding done and finish the wall around the patio. Bet your looking forward to getting back to your project as well. I'm still going to take some pictures of my press, it's just in a bad place to try and get a clear picture, but I promise I will do it. It still might be something I'll want to do later, to make blocks to sell for garden walls...etc.

Bob the builder
 
Bob,
 Great pictures. Yes the "new" method of slicing the cardboard yields a better looking material. You never said how you were doing the shredding. Give us an idea of the old and new technique.
 Ron



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___