Saturday, October 3, 2009

[papercreters] Re: Bob's stones and blocks photos

Andy the T Lock forms are constructed from 2x6 red iron, they are 30"
long and the 2"x6"x12" cross end form is installed one inch from the
end. Then when they are butted together the result will leave a 6"
pocket betwen the two poured 12"x24" blocks, the next course will pour
the pocket and another 12"x24" block on top.

The exact amount it takes to pour the 6"x12"x24" and the 6"x12"x6"
pocket is 6 gal wet paper pulp, 4 gal red clay bed material, and 2 gal
portland cement. This breaks down to the basic concrete formulas of 3
gravel, 2 sand and 1 cement. You can also use sand instead of red bed
but you will not get the color that the red bed brings. I think the sand
is a little stronger and I have subsituted 2 gal of sand and 2 gal red
clay and had good results. I also don't add any extra water, the water
in the wet paper pulp is enough. I first put in the wet paper pulp and
then I blend in the cement, after this is mixed to look like oat meal I
add the clay and blend again, this can be tossed into a regular cement
mixture and the results are about the same. We have gypsum around here
also but I don't know much about it.

Bob the builder


--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, andy hunter <bootlg228@...> wrote:
>
> bob i was looking at your t lok form and really liked the system,what
is your mix design with the red clay bed material? i have alot of gypsum
availible under the ground i will build on but im researching weather i
can use it since it retards the set time of the portland .anyway i think
your system is producing an awesome wall.
> thanks , Andy Hunter
> Harper Texas
>
>
> --- On Thu, 10/1/09, countryatheartok criswells.ok@... wrote:
>
> From: countryatheartok criswells.ok@...
> Subject: [papercreters] Bob's stones and blocks photos
> To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
> Date: Thursday, October 1, 2009, 12:40 PM
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> I have not finished making all my stones yet, it still a work in
progress. I was like you, hoping to apply them directly to my OSB and by
passing the metal lath, but I'm not sure that will work. I think I will
end up putting chicken wire directly over the OSB with no black paper. I
will first seal the OSB with scrap Oil based paint, this will serve the
same purpose as black paper maybe even better because the cement/sand
mixture will adhere directly to the OSB and not the black paper. The
plastic walk maker forms work good to make small stones, but if you want
to use larger stones (which I do) just cover a stone of your choice
(artifical or natural) with suran wrap and apply a coat of papercrete
on to it ( I build a wood form around the stone and fill it full of
papercrete, that gives me a flat bottom for my form) when its dry enough
I turn it over and remove the stone and suran wrap, after it is
completly dry, I cover the inside of
> the mold with more suran wrap and pack papercrete inside, when it's
dry enough I just pick up the corners of the suran wrap and the new
stone comes out just great. I have played around with adding color into
the mixture and it works pretty good, I've added color inside the suran
wrap and it don't work very well, I've tossed in a little sand on top of
the suran wrap before I pack in the papercrete, and that works good, I
have a sorce of metal filings and I think they will work good as well,
when they start to rust I'll get some nice natural colors, if you come
up with any better ways let me know.
>
> Bob The Builder
>
> --- In papercreters@ yahoogroups. com, "n2art25" n2art25@ wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I have been playing with the idea of making pc stones to use on my
house, like the faux stones you can buy at Lowes. Bob, where did you use
your stones you made using the form? Could they be used on the side of a
house? I can not afford to buy the product at Lowes as they are quite
costly. I do have alot of stone around my property but my back would not
hold up to that. I'm thinking seriously of making some and trying to
color like natural stone and prep side with osb, black paper, chicken
wire....I think you prep like stucco. This seems costly.... Does anyone
have any ideas? My siding now is ugly vinyl siding.
> I would have loved to been at the gathering but am busy teaching art
in Oklahoma.
>
> Annalis
>

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/