Wednesday, June 3, 2009

[papercreters] Re: papercrete basketball court?

I love papercrete.

I love basketball.

I have very large doubts that Papercrete would make a good basketball court. Even if it were an indoor basketball court where it could be kept dry, I have doubts that it will have the proper feel, wear resistance, or longevity.

However, nobody will ever know for certain until someone gives it a try. If you feel like giving it a shot, please be certain to document what you do and the results you achieve (good or bad) here on Papercreters so we all can learn from your experiment. If you do try it, I suggest a small experimental patch just to see how well it will work. Something big enough to jump on and dribble a ball on should be sufficient.


My subjective guess is that the first time you try to dribble a basketball on it, you will not like it as a playing surface, but what do I know? I've never tried it.


--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "redlunarmoon" <redlunarmoon@...> wrote:
>
> Good day,
> my friend wants to build a basketball court around 40 foot square, 4 inches thick and I suggested we look at papercrete maybe as an interesting experiment. <snip>

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/