Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Re: [papercreters] Re: Baffling -was- Heat curing



And so the saga continues.... If you want to build a tow mixer, buy Barry Fuller's DVD of Mike McCain making one in an afternoon, wham bam done! 

Before I started building my tow mixer, I did not buy this nor have any knowledge of it other than Mike McCain on the Gordon Solberg video.  This spring I bought it and thought "what a dummy" for some of the things I did.  My experience was I had an idea, knew I wanted to mash up some paper and had a rear end of a truck already as a trailer.  I stole a bearing set from an old lawn mower spent a week figuring out the distance from the top of the differential to the bottom of the tank and glued (welded) it all together. 

It broke one of my welds the first mix.  Then the blade came off (still on the first mix).  I was due to fly from MT back to AK the next day so I got creative with the welder and got the first batch sort of done and broke another part and had to quit for the winter. 

Next summer (last summer) I disassembled the whole thing and re-did it.  It made numerous batches alst summer and is still working this summer.  But I am ready to take it apart again and get rid of the bearing set altogether and mount the blade right to the differential after moving the tank down 8 or 10 inches.

I'll add a bigger baffle and see how that goes. 

Thanks Slurryguy.

Ron





__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___