Wednesday, June 24, 2009

[papercreters] Re: Baffling -was- Heat curing

OK Slurryguy, off with the cape!


--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "slurryguy" <slurryguy@...> wrote:
>
> My family, friends, and neighbors already know I'm weird. I don't need to provide further proof by wearing a cape. They'd probably have me locked up!! Not that they don't already have enough evidence to have me committed even without the cape.
>
> Glad I could be of assistance. That's what the group is for, after all. Of course you realize you must pay for the info you just received by helping at least 5 other people learn something about papercrete. It's not an official rule or anything, but it's how things tend to work around here.
>
> In fact... I'll bet there are 5 people reading this message that are wanting to build their own tow mixer and maybe have questions you could help them with. Now is their chance... I DARE THEM TO ASK DONALD for information and ideas about how to build their own mixers.
>
>
> See what I did there Donald? I've suckered you in. (evil grin.) MUUUHH HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
>
>
>
>
> Don't forget to post pictures of your newfangled blade assembly please. Sounds interesting.
>
>
>
>
> --- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "donald1miller" <donald1miller@> wrote:
> >
> > Once again, Slurryman, you've come to the rescue! Do you wear a cape? I am referring to your comment to Ron about not having a baffle on the inside of the tow mixer tank. I was going to put one on each side of the tank, but had kinda forgotten about it til you mentioned it. My mix swirls fast and as a result I'm thinking takes longer to pulp the heavy cardboard that I'm using. I'm also going to make a 1/8" steel plate the diameter of the cutting blade and weld some vertical cutters that will come within a half inch of the main blade and bolt this to the bottom of my tank. I've noticed that the bottom of the tank is wearing smooth where the cardboard swirls around with the blade till it finally gets cut up. The tank bottom is not all that thick to begin with and if the vertical cutters don't work as planned, I can always cut them out and the bottom of the tank will still be protected. I'll let you know how it plays out.
> >
> > The Outback Man
> >
> >
>


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/