Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Re: [papercreters] Re: Heat curing papercrete appears to improve tensile strength.



Donald,
You may be right about the particle size and strength.  However, it is possible this is a detriment as maybe the cement can not get to all the fibers. 

My main objection is the added process and time you mentioned "If soaked thoroughly it pulps well in a McCain style tow mixer, just takes longer than newprint". I soaked that load 2 days before making it, and had to make an "extra round" with the tow mixer to get it pulped enough to put the cement in.  When time is money and you are in a hurry to get 'er done this is an unnecessary process.  Also, even with the cardboard fully soaked I had it wrap around the center of my towmixer axle and slowed me down in the truck.  Even backing up occasionally to clear the blade did no good I had to physically rip some of it off by hand before it all pulped well. 

Makes me sick too, because there are pallets of cardboard free for the taking stacked right outside the grocery store, not the case with newsprint.

Ron




__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___