Sunday, June 28, 2009

[papercreters] Re: Recipe Ratios




--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "slurryguy" <slurryguy@...> wrote:

 Bob:
 
Relax. It appears that you are over-thinking this. Papercrete IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE.
 
Forget about trying to analyze what M-G is doing. It doesn't matter. 
 
Please... 
What are you building?

I will be building the pole barn plan I've posted in the photo section not sure exactly when, it will be for my youngest son on 2.5 acres of sandy soil.

At present I am making stones in plactic forms and also I am in the process of making additional silicone molds of stones to make into papercrete stones to be used for veneering a new addition to my house. The #1 mixture below should work very good for this one. Even my first batch formula in the photo section worked good for that but it uses to much costly Portland Cement, I want to reduce the cost per stone.

What performance factors are most important to you?

Just want the stuff to be what I picture a solid block to be like, something I can't tear up with my hands.
 
Tell us that, and many here will happily provide whatever assistance we can to speed you toward a good papercrete mix for your situation.

 I think I'm going to try out some of the following formulas until I find one I really like:

"Here are four typical mixes. Recipes are given in percentages, by volume. These can easily be converted into shovel-fulls or pail-fulls, for instance by calling each unit 10%. Note that Roman cement can be substituted for Portland cement if you want a more natural mix. The earth you use should have a high clay content. What is referred to as "wet paper pulp" has been drained on a screen and still contains a lot of water. Add water if necessary during the mixing to adjust the consistency depending on your application. Recipe number 1 will result in the most hard and dense material, and the following recipes result in lighter and softer finished material as you go down the list."

  1. 50% wet paper pulp/ 30% damp earth/ 10% dry sand/ 10% Portland cement
  2. 60% wet paper pulp/ 20% damp earth/ 15% dry sand/ 15% Portland cement
  3. 65% wet paper pulp/ 25% damp earth/ 10% Portland cement
  4. 70% wet paper pulp/ 15% damp earth/ 15% Portland cement



 



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___