Tuesday, June 30, 2009

RE: [papercreters] PC Countertops - Any ideas?



Sodium silicate or waterglass is used to seal cement surfaces.

 


From: papercreters@yahoogroups.com [mailto:papercreters@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Chad
Sent: Monday, June 29, 2009 6:08 PM
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [papercreters] PC Countertops - Any ideas?

 




Hello all. I am in the process of opening a new restaurant in Raleigh, NC and we are trying to be as green in the up fit as possible. I really want to put a papercrete countertop in our bar and have the basic idea of how to get it done. My question(s): 1- How would I get a nice smooth finish (can I machanicaly polish it)? 2- What is the best way to seal the top from water/food/ect. (I was thinking about bees wax)? 3- What is a good solid thickness to make the bar (I was thinking about 3 inches)?
I know that each application has it's own little "gremlins" with it. So, experimentation is not completely out of the question. Any advise would be greatly welcom. Thanks



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___