Saturday, June 20, 2009

[papercreters] Simple pole barn infill house



I just uploaded some simple pole plans to the photo section. This would be a very inexpensive house to build. To start out I would lay out a simple pole barn, set all four corners pole at least 2 ft deep in concrete. Instead of round poles I would use at least treated 4x4 12' long. Once the corner poles are set and squared, set other poles every 12' the same way on all walls. After all the poles are set allow for the finished floor thickness and measure up 8' from there to the bottom of the beam and install a load bearing beam 12' long between all the poles. At this point it would be advisable to form and plumb and install AC ducts (if you want them under the slab) After the rough-in plumbing is complete and the AC ducts are all installed, pour the slab, if you are just going to build the living quarters it would take about 21.68 cu yds of concrete to pour a 4" slab. Concrete here is aobut $85.00 delivered, that would cost about $1843.00. After the floor is dry, layout the truss template and build all your trusses, if you put them on 16" center you would have to build about 49 and they would cost you less than $100.00 each or $4,900.00 you could put them on 24" centers and reduce that cost by ½ or $2,450.00 its going to be your house you decide which you like best. After the trusses are built install them and brace them and lath them with 1x4 24" on center then install a metal roof. A metal roof will cost about $63.00 a square for colored metal $53.00 for galv. And the roof will take about 22 sqs. Times $63.00 it would cost about $1386.00. After the roof was on I would saw my slab into 24"x24" saw cuts to look like tile. I will explain later what to do with that. After I have finished my saw cuts I would start infilling my exterior 12" papercrete walls. I would install all my electrical outlets as I build using Plastic conduit and plastic electrical boxes. I would then build the interior 6" papercrete walls, (all the hatched walls are to be papercrete). After all the papercrete walls are built I would them frame all my other walls with 2x4 studs, these I would drywall after I drywall the ceiling. But before I drywall the ceiling I would blow PC onto the bottom of the metal roof for added insulation. I would complete all my electrical and plumbing rough out and then do the dry wall work. I would texture all the PC and drywalls the same. After all the texture and painting is complete I would build the cabinets, paint and install counter tops and appliances, stools and tubs. After all the trim work was done I would acid stain the floor and seal. I have not put a final figure to all this but I would bet it could be done for less that $20,000.00. And that is a 1813 sq foot house, the going rate around here for a stick frame house, contractor built is about $75.00 a sq foot or $135,975.00, you decide which is the better deal.

Bob



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___