Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Re: [papercreters] Pulverized Paper

I think polishing papercrete would indeed raise the fibers and make it fuzzy. However, there was an episode of Mythbusters in which they polished excrement balls from various animals to a high gloss so maybe there is hope for pc. Several times over the years I have made pc balls by pressing and molding pc with my hands, and they dried to a smooth surface, though not anything you would call shiny.

Spaceman

imbulljeanne wrote:

Hello creter's, I have been reading the posts here, watching videos on youtube and have made a few trial PC tiles. It really is a trial and error craft...  I have just stumbled into free pulverized paper. I picked up about 80lbs the other day and should be able to pick up the same on a regular bases. My question to all of you is this. If the reason we soak the paper in water then use blades of one kind or another to beat the bageebees out of it is to get it broken down to a fibrous state.  Should I still soak it prior to mixing with the cement?  Has anyone tried to polish PC?  The few samples I have made make me think that it might raise the fibers and look hairy of fuzzy.  Any and all input will be appreciated, Jeanne        
   


__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___