Wednesday, April 1, 2009

[papercreters] Re: off the grid

A little humor: wait for the supposed polar shift, you might be in a warmer climate.
Gravity Man (Philip N. Ledoux)


--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "Dan" <meandmydognamedbrown@...> wrote:
>
> I'm building an "off the grid" home, I have less than 24 months before I begin construction. I live in southern Wisconsin where temperatures get into the 90's and humidity is high to -30 and no humidity. The home will be build on over a 100 acres and is on a ridge where there is wind. I plan on heating using active solar and earth pipes and wood. Wind for power and as money will allow PV cells for power. I have been looking strongly at papercrete for construction. I need to cool the home to 70 degrees on the hotest days. I have looked at absorption, wind powered compressors, earth pipes but I see no easy answer. I have limited funds, but there is a budget non the less. Anyone have advice on all the above?
>


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/