Friday, April 3, 2009

Re: [papercreters] Earthen floor

We have actually poured an outdoor "slab" like that last year(as an entry way) and it has held up quite well, even through the rainy season. Maybe put a bit of sand under to keep from heaving.  It will depend on your snow issues. We get two or three snows a year.
Michele


--- On Fri, 4/3/09, JUDITH WILLIAMS <williams_judith@hotmail.com> wrote:
From: JUDITH WILLIAMS <williams_judith@hotmail.com>
Subject: [papercreters] Earthen floor
To: organic_architecture@yahoogroups.com, "papercreters papercreters" <papercreters@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Friday, April 3, 2009, 4:13 PM

I would like to put an earthen floor in my storage shed. I took out the plywood floor I had originally put in there and it was a huge rodent condo underneath. So I want to replace it with an earthen floor. But I want to do it quick and easy as I have more important things on my to-do list and I just want to get my tools out of storage. Has anyone ever heard of just putting the earthen floor ingredients in there and rototilling them and then leveling and tamping them down? Please tell me this is an option.

Sincerely, Judith
Visit my papercrete website at www.judith-l- williams. com.

Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.        Helen Keller




Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync. Check it out.




__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___