Friday, April 17, 2009

Re: [papercreters] Help in Indiana...please!



Try a shop that caters to builders, or a masonry supply place. HD & Lowes don't carry lime here either, but I found Type S at a well-stocked local lumberyard that caters to the tradespeople rather then Johnny DIY.

Greg


From: imbulljeanne <imbulljeanne@yahoo.com>
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 8:52:09 PM
Subject: [papercreters] Help in Indiana...please!

I am trying to buy lime "Hydrated Lime N or S" to use in the Chinese plaster recipe I was able to find here by Charmaine.Now this is where I am getting into trouble. Neither Lowes nor Homedepot carry lime so I called a cement finishing company thinking they would know where I can buy it but they did not know about lime either. They gave me a number to another company that gave me the number to a calcium products Inc. that said they have #80 lime (and had never heard of hydrated lime)that they sell in pallet bulk, 5 pallet minimums.

They told me to buy Harpers field lime or athletic field marker at a local feed type store. But no one seems to know what the difference between field lime and hydrated lime.

If there is anyone out there that can help me please do. I have between 800 and 1,000 lbs of pulverized paper sitting in my front room that I would like to start using. I will be picking up anther 3-500 lbs of paper this week.

I would be grateful for any help you can offer.

Jeanne




__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___