Wednesday, April 1, 2009

[papercreters] Turpentine

I'm getting a liberal education on this site! "Turpentine" caught my attention.

A word of caution: An old, wise farmer up in Montana had a prize cyote-hound and didn't want any Heinz40Varity offspring, so every morning after she had been "wandering around" for the night, during mating season, he would feed her a tablespoon of turpentine, which was supposed to be an after the facts profalactic. He warned young farmers: never alow your wife to even smell turpentine or you will not have any progeny to pass the farm to.

For years I've puzzled over my mother's spontaneous abortion at 4 months and a "still born" (dead at birth) between myself and my sister (1931 and 1949). I remember strong turpentine smell outside the kitchen back door and the woodshed often and regularly. That no longer existed when my sister was born. A rather belated Sherlock episode, but worth considering by any man with a family or newly married. I'm into natural health, and I'll bet my bottom dollar that turpentine (and similar volatiles) are the culprit in many a non-fertility problem.

A tad "off topic" but technically on topic.

Philip N. Ledoux

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/