Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Re: [papercreters] Thank you and questions

I live in VA and one of my first test blocks I pored under an overhang at
the side of my barn. So it would not get rained on, it was spring time and
rainy, but it was in the shade too. Well that block never did dry and after
a month or more I moved it out to my solar dryer (a large piece of glass
leaning against the sunny side of the barn) and it went from a (still) wet
noodle to a hard block in a few days. Not being in the hot dry southwest I
can see that porings like that would not work here unless you can bake them
somehow. Of course this is just my experince and you should do some tests of
your own to see what's what.
-x-

----- Original Message -----


> Hi
> I'm new and really enjoy reading everybodies updates and ideas. So
> thank you everybody.
>
> Has anybody done a pouring of a whole wall?, Building? Just like
> concrete? I understand it would need reenforcement. I like the sound of
> shredded cd's and such. When I lived in Wis. They would crush glass and
> metal and mix it in with the road base. Anybody try that?
>
> Once again thank you everybody. I feel bad using everybody experiance
> and screw ups to my advantage in this learning curve. Well not real
> bad. take care & thanks Ron
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/