Monday, January 19, 2009

[papercreters] Re: wire mesh

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "susiebarrymosaics"
<susiebarrymosaics@...> wrote:
> Hi Papercreters! Susie here again. My hard plastic mannequin will
> probably have to be covered with wire mesh- where do I get the
> flexible wire mesh I see in everyone's photo's- what is it called-
> artist mesh? Sculpting mesh? Fleximesh? I'll get there with your
> help. Thanks.

Welcome, Susie. We have a couple folks on the list who work with
Darjit or custom formulations of PC for sculpting. Hopefully one of
them can get back to you shortly. I do some sculpting with PC, but I
am not covering anything since the PC can be cast and molded so easily
and comes out so light. The sources I can think of for inexpensive
mesh would be aluminum window screen (which I think would work well)
and plastic window screen (not so well). There are several other
thicker meshes that can be purchased in steel and other materials,
depending on how much Darjit (or other material) you need to support.
I am thinking that the material would be pretty much self supporting
after it is set.

- Ernie

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/