Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Re: [papercreters] Re: Papercrete cost estimating

Hey Jerry,

When you get the cardboard and paper from the recycyling plant, is it already shredded, or do you have to do that part yourself?

Greg


From: "jerryfant@verizon.net" <jerryfant@verizon.net>
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2009 7:19:20 PM
Subject: [papercreters] Re: Papercrete cost estimating

Mark,

It looks like when I add my cost together which is Portland cement and
sand to the mix I am getting about 8.7 cents per cubic foot or $2.35
per cubic yard. I am not counting water since I am on a well in
Central Texas. I have been looking at buying cardboard and paper from
a local recyling center in San Marcos, this is usually around $50 -
$150 per 1800 pounds depending on the going rate of paper. Not sure
yet how far 1800 pounds of paper will go yet???

Jerry

> Hi all,
> I've followed this forum for a while and found it very informative
> as well as interesting. Does anyone have a ballpark way of estimating
> the material cost per cubic foot/cubic yard to make your own
> papercrete - assuming you can get the paper [and water] for free? I
> have a structure I want to put up where I intend to use stuccoed
> papercrete as a non load-bearing infill within a post&beam supported
> roof. I am trying to come up with some cost estimates compared to
> other methods of construction. Maybe this info is on site somewhere,
> but I didn't see it. Thanks!
> MarkC
>


__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___