Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Re: [papercreters] Re: Papercrete cost estimating

From what I have seen of the bales I will have to part it myself.
 
Jerry

--- On Wed, 1/28/09, Greg House <ghunicycle@yahoo.com> wrote:
From: Greg House <ghunicycle@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [papercreters] Re: Papercrete cost estimating
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 10:51 AM

Hey Jerry,

When you get the cardboard and paper from the recycyling plant, is it already shredded, or do you have to do that part yourself?

Greg


From: "jerryfant@verizon. net" <jerryfant@verizon. net>
To: papercreters@ yahoogroups. com
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2009 7:19:20 PM
Subject: [papercreters] Re: Papercrete cost estimating

Mark,

It looks like when I add my cost together which is Portland cement and
sand to the mix I am getting about 8.7 cents per cubic foot or $2.35
per cubic yard. I am not counting water since I am on a well in
Central Texas. I have been looking at buying cardboard and paper from
a local recyling center in San Marcos, this is usually around $50 -
$150 per 1800 pounds depending on the going rate of paper. Not sure
yet how far 1800 pounds of paper will go yet???

Jerry

> Hi all,
> I've followed this forum for a while and found it very informative
> as well as interesting. Does anyone have a ballpark way of estimating
> the material cost per cubic foot/cubic yard to make your own
> papercrete - assuming you can get the paper [and water] for free? I
> have a structure I want to put up where I intend to use stuccoed
> papercrete as a non load-bearing infill within a post&beam supported
> roof. I am trying to come up with some cost estimates compared to
> other methods of construction. Maybe this info is on site somewhere,
> but I didn't see it. Thanks!
> MarkC
>


__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___