Saturday, January 31, 2009

Re: [papercreters] Anyone interested in an intentional community near the City of the Sun?

You gathered incorrectly.  Actually I've been to Demming proper about 5 times that I can remember.  Different times of the year too.  I've lived for a short period of time in Tucson, AZ.  I grew up in the desert in California, and am familiar with desert living.  I've sweated and labored in one of the hottest deserts in the world.  I prefer Deming to any of the other locales of south Arizona, New Mexico or west Texas for many reasons.  The biggest reasons are the milder climate and the existence of good water in a decent thick aquifer and the prices of the properties and the posture for future growth at a slow but decent rate (rather than boom-bust).  I see little reason to deflate other people's ideas here about where they want to live.  Those things have always been and will always be subjective. 
 
My reaction earlier was made on the premise that I'm the kind of guy who pretty much lives his life being direct about things.  I state facts, I make honest pleas, project my intention, and am forthright in most every way.  I am used to dealing with people who communicate as such rather than slip in through the back door or hit you sideways as a ruse to get someone to smile or get others to think you're snazzy.  So I took what spaceman said to be direct.  As an attempt to deflate my plan to make it sound undesireable to others, for some personal gain of some kind.  Anyhow, perhaps I mistook this forum as a serious forum to discuss a serious topic kind of like in a way nerds and engineers relating tips and facts with each other.  I just didn't see any real good reason to deflate someone else's ideas without cause to speak of.
 
Well whatever, there certainly is a lot of meat in here. I'm just planning to let go of this and move on. In fact I already did so until your comment.
 
Perry
 

 
On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 8:13 PM, Curtis Stewart <dbigkahunna@yahoo.com> wrote:

Perry,
Spaceman is not trying to influence you in any way. He is just stating facts. I gather you have never been to Demming or Columbus. It is, uh remote. That is the point he is trying to make. Columbus does not offer much in creature comforts. But if that is what you want. heaf out there. 40 acres for 7K seems a little high for Columbus. If it is in the area I am thinking of it is north of town. There is a LOT of space out there and a bunch of it is for sale.
If that is what you want, go for it.

 


__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___