Sunday, April 13, 2008

RE: [papercreters] Re: Exploring the possibilities

Mikey that sounds very simple and easy to do.  Do you have any shots of the interior without the umber?  How long can you work with it before the white cement starts to set?

 

Nick

 


From: papercreters@yahoogroups.com [mailto:papercreters@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mikey Sklar
Sent: Sunday, April 13, 2008 2:13 PM
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [papercreters] Re: Exploring the possibilities

 

I've been covering my papercrete with a "pool mix". It is a lime wash
that include white portland. I find it costs me less than $1 a gallon
to make and is incredibly strong and beautiful. This is more than 20x
cheaper than the fancy acrylic and latex paints if you were to buy
them new. If you skip the brown umber oxide you can have a beautiful
white which I like for the interior.

http://tinyurl.com/5lksac

- 2 gallons of water
- 10lbs of lime
- 10 lbs of white portland
- brown umber oxide (1lb) - color only

-Mikey
http://greenacre-hotsprings.blogspot.com

On Apr 13, 2008, at 9:57 AM, jasonfitz321 wrote:
> Ashok found what I was looking for on this link. A segmental vault.
> Now what materials will I use? Papercrete is light. I like that. What
> do I cover the papercrete blocks with to seal it and make it look
> adobe? Will I be able to stand on it? Thanks, Jason
>
> http://www.earth-auroville.com/index.php?nav=menu&pg=vault&id1=1

__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___