Tuesday, April 15, 2008

[papercreters] Re: Exploring the possibilities

Hi jason, 40 x 60 is a long way to span anythingn, did you mean for
the building to have an open interior? What is used in that region
for say a salon social, escuela, or conasupo building? Are there
Block wall buildings with the trusses made of rebar sized steel and
the corrugated concrete roof panels? Might you adapt that to
papercrete?

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "jasonfitz321"
<jasonfitz321@...> wrote:
>
> Hello. I just joined after spending half the day looking at as much
as
> I could about papercrete. I am a missionary in the mountains of
Mexico.
> This year I plan to build a base for agricultural training,
missionary
> outreach, assisting the poor and the sick. I wanted to bounce off
some
> ideas off you all to see if I could do something creative and
> economical. I need to build a small meeting area of about 40 x
60ft.
> and along the sides have side by side dormitories. I want to use a
roof
> that is not tin because I want it to look indigenous. I am not sure
if
> a dome could spread a 50ft. radius with just papercrete blocks? I
need
> to learn the paper adobe as well to give the outside a natural
look. I
> am probably out of my league to try to build a huge structure but I
> wanted to put it out there. I seen the domes at Eves Garden but
they
> appear to be at max maybe 25 ft.? It looks like he is just curving
the
> blocks and then adding stucco. Good day, Jason
>

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/