Thursday, April 24, 2008

[papercreters] Mixer

Fantastic site for someone just getting started with papercreate.

For a starter I intend to just use a 55 Gallon drum to mix in.

My starting project will be to build papercreate panels to add
insulation to my mobile home. It is an older model and most of the
underneath insulation is missing at this time, and my heating costs
for the winters are killing me.

I procured 2 Cushman rear axles ($20 for both). Would they be strong
enough for use in a 55 Gallon drum mixer? What RPM should the inside
blade turn at?

I am partially handicapped and don't drive any longer therefore I
don't have a truck for mixing, would a 10 HP gas motor be adequate to
propel it when the drum is filled with slurry?

Could also use some ideas of how to connect the 10 hp motor to the
wheel for mixing. The Cushman only has an 8" wheel, I am thinking of
taking it up to a 13" wheel.

Where is the "Papercreate for dummies" book at?

Thanks for any assistance.

Larry Arnold
larystoy@yahoo.com

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/